Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Again?

Seriously...take me out of work for two weeks and I lose all track of time. Today, I'm spending a domestic day at home. So far, I've already cleaned the kitchen (including reorganizing some of our cabinets), vacuumed the downstairs, and started the laundry. That may not sound like all that much, but it's much harder than you'd think when you're lugging around extra weight and your ankles are the size of your thighs!

It's a beautiful sunny day, and the bright blue sky makes me feel good. I've spent the past year in a window-less office where I rarely saw the outside world in daylight, and it really makes a difference. I'm still adjusting to not going to work. It's especially hard for me to say goodbye to Dan on Mondays. I miss him a lot now that we don't spend all of our time together and I feel guilty that he's giving me this amazing opportunity. But I guess when I'm a feeding, diapering, bathing machine in a few weeks, I won't feel quite so worthless!

No comments: