Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Eating for Eight

Since I got pregnant, I've read plenty to dispel the "eating for two" idea. In all reality, you only need about 300 extra calories by the end of the pregnancy to meet the caloric needs of being pregnant. And until recently, that hasn't really been an issue. I definitely wasn't extra hungry for the first trimester while I was hugging the toilet. I got a little bit of my appetite back in the second trimester, but mostly for a bowl of ice cream or a brownie at night. But now? I can't eat enough! In the past week or so, my appetite has gone through the roof. Dan and I barbecued burgers tonight, and ate them with baked beans and chips. I had inhaled my entire plate before Dan was even half way done with his burger. Then I went back and finished off the beans before I made myself stop.

So that was like 20 minutes ago...and now I'm dreaming up dessert! Our friend Nicole made chocolate chip cookies for us, so that's an option. We have several ice cream options. Or I could make a fresh batch of brownies. Then again, I could just have a little of each!

I'm supposed to slow down on my weight gain in these last few weeks, huh? I doubt it!

No comments: