Friday, March 13, 2009

38 Weeks Tomorrow

Another week has passed and I'm still pregnant.

New developments this week:
  • My knees are really stiff. I guess they're tired of lugging around this extra weight and standing up/sitting down really hurts.
  • I snore so hard my nasal passages close up. I wake up gasping for air because all of a sudden my nose isn't cutting it anymore and I have to breathe somehow.
  • My hips can't handle me sleeping on them anymore. I think they're relaxing to let my pelvis spread, but it's very hard to find comfortable sleeping positions. Combined with the snoring, I'm not sleeping well. And either is Dan.
So what does babycenter.com have to say about week 38?

Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs between 6 and 7 1/2 pounds (boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls), and he's nearly 20 inches long. He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old.

That's about that. We're still waiting, gently coaxing him to do what he's got to do to get out here. Every morning I wake up a little disappointed that I'm still pregnant. I've had ups and downs, but overall this pregnancy hasn't been too bad. But I'm ready to be done and start the next phase. And I'm dying to know if he's a redhead!

1 comment:

KathyK said...

I'm dying to know if you get a redhead too! Hugs to you, Dan and especially that baby! Aunt Kathy