Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blast Off?

0. As in Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nil. That's what's going on in the labor department. Yes, I cried this morning when I woke up to realize that today's supposed to be the day, and I'm definitely not in labor. The due date is only an estimate, and besides that, it's only 10 AM. But I'm absolutely positive he's not coming today. In fact, I'm absolutely positive that it's going to take medical intervention to induce me in a week. Of course, Baby Boy's health and safety are most important to me. So as long as he's okay in there, I can live with it.

So, today is 40 weeks. My babycenter account has switched to "Congrats on your newborn!" 3dpregnancy says that at 40 weeks, my baby is the size of, well, a baby. And all the other sites I usually hit up weekly say to hang in there, babies all have to come out sometime. The other 3 couples in our pregnancy class have had their babies. I'm on an online board with 45 women and all but 3 of us have had their babies. I know it's ridiculous, but it really feels like our baby just isn't meant to come out. He's going to stay comfy and cozy (and keep me uncomfortable) FOREVER!

I know it's worth it. I know I need to be patient. I know he'll come when he's ready. I just don't like waiting...

1 comment:

KathyK said...

Oh Lisa!
Hang in there kiddo. He's just hanging out in there where it's safe and warm. Love you...Aunt Kathy