Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Centering Pregnancy - Session 8

We met for our second-to-last Centering group today. My blood pressure is still good, and I gained 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks (which is right on schedule!). Our baby boy is engaged, which means he is head down and his head has dropped into my pelvis. I've had a lot of pressure down low, so I'm not surprised. My uterus is measuring 38 weeks (we're technically at 36 weeks and 3 days) so that could be an indication that he's bigger than "normal" but the way they measure isn't that exact. Either way, we are definitely headed in the right direction (pun intended)!

We're down to 4 couples in our class, and two are due before our next class on St. Patrick's Day. I'm not-so-secretly hoping that our little man will be with us before then, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. Oh, who am I trying to kid?!!? I wish he'd come tonight! I had a good set of contractions tonight, but as soon as I started walking they died down. I know it's still early, and I have as many as 5 weeks until I can count on him being here, but I can hope right?

Here are a few pictures of our group, taken today:



It's a fun group, but I can't believe we're almost done!

No comments: