Saturday, February 28, 2009

8 Months

Today being February 28, we're a month away from the due date! I thought it would be kind of fun to share things that I can no longer do, now that I'm 8 months pregnant.
  • Put socks on - There is just no way to bend or stretch that gets me near my feet. I'm giving Dan an extra challenge when he helps me by moving my feet all around. Not that he needs the practice, but he'll be extra prepared to put on baby socks.
  • Eat enough - Regardless of the endless heartburn I have, I am hungry all the time. I wish I could say that I'm stuffing my face with fruits and veggies, but today it was chocolate bar donuts. I bought a dozen day-olds yesterday, and I'm happy to report there are 3 left. I did have some help, but not much.
  • Sleep for more than 2 hours at a time - If I don't have to pee every 2 hours (or 1), my hips and shoulders stiffen up so badly that I have to flip over. And let me tell you, that is neither easy nor pretty. It's most comfortable to get on all fours and rearrange that way, but for some reason I choose to lob my big stomach up and over and let it fall on the other side. Kaboom! But mostly I have to pee all the time...
  • Wipe - Yes, this is probably too much information, but it's something I never considered before I got this big. When you have a watermelon in your lap, there is no logistical way to lift it or move it to get in there. I don't know how I'm still getting the job done, but I am so thankful that I don't have to attempt it in the little tiny bathroom stalls at work!
  • Pick things up - I can't bend over and I can't squat all the way to the ground. If I really need to get something off the ground, I have to get on my hands and knees. Getting back up is a completely different point!
  • Walk more than 5 feet without losing my breath - And stairs? Forget about 'em!
  • WAIT FOR OUR BABY TO GET HERE!! - With 4 short weeks until our due date, I can't wait. I am really hoping that he'll make an early appearance. Anytime starting next weekend he's considered full term, so I'll have to start seeing if I can move things along. I plan to walk as much as possible (with an oxygen tank if necessary!) and hit the spicy foods hard. I'll put up with the extra bad heartburn if it means our little man will hurry up and get here. On one hand, a week or two from now seems like so little time and it's very possible he'll show up at 37 or 38 weeks...but on the other hand, it seems like we've been ready for him for months.
Come out already, buddy! I can't even imagine what else I won't be able to do in a month! :)

No comments: