Friday, March 6, 2009

I Cheated

I've been so good for a whole year now - no drinking, no diet pop, no caffeine (except a little chocolate here and there), no sushi...But Wednesday night I gave in and cheated on my pregnancy diet. I had a Coke!

I grew up drinking diet and have never really liked the real stuff - it's too sugary for me. But Dan and I were making tacos and there in the fridge was a can of real Coke, staring at me, taunting me. So I gave in. And I drank the whole thing. Then I was up for hours. And it wasn't just me. Our little baby boy went bonkers for HOURS. He would not stop moving and grooving! It's pretty amazing what some caffeine and sugar will do to an unborn baby.

But then last night, I did it again. I couldn't stop myself! I went to dinner with Stephanie, Sharon and Lisa, and I had Coke with my steak. The second time wasn't as good as the first, but it was still pretty darn great. I don't want to get in that habit, so it's back to water and juice for me, but just for a few minutes it was nice to splurge on the Real Thing.

No comments: