Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Centering Pregnancy - Session 1

Dan and I went to our first Centering Pregnancy class last night. It is a group of 6 pregnant women and our husbands, and it's meant to be a resource for the whole pregnancy. Later on in the class, we'll get into more of the how-to-give-birth classes, but for now it's more to check in on our nutrition, exercise, stress management, etc. We each get one-on-one time with the midwife, and then there is discussion for the rest of the class. We got really lucky with our class, and everyone seems really nice and funny. There was a lot of laughing, but also really good ideas for dealing with morning sickness and getting enough exercise.

The midwife faxed in an ultrasound form for our 20 week check-up. I haven't called to make the appointment yet, but we still have 5 weeks until they'll schedule us anyway. Dan and I are still undecided about finding out the gender, and we may make our decision in the heat of the moment.

Not much else to report right now. I'm still getting thicker and by bedtime I definitely look pregnant. It's like my stomach muscles give up as the day goes on and I stick out farther and farther. It doesn't seem possible that I'm going to actually get as big as I'm going to get, but I'm sure in 10-20 weeks I'll be wishing for these "fat" days back again.

No comments: