Friday, October 10, 2008

Long Weekend

Dan and I are taking today off of work. He's taking the time off to study, and I'm taking the time off to do a whole lot of nothing. I am happy to confirm that I'm over the morning sickness. It lasted from 7 and a half weeks until exactly 15. That's a long time! I'm so so so happy that it's over. But I think it's a load of you-know-what that you get a sudden burst of energy once the sickness is over. I feel more worn out than I have the whole time. We left work at 3:30 yesterday and I napped from 4:30 - 8:30. I watched some tv until 10:30 and then went to bed, but I just woke up at 8:00 (and it's feeling like nap time already)!

Our baby apple graduates to an avocado tomorrow at the 16 week mark - "4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop. (babycenter.com)" The baby also yawns and makes faces, and is apparently peeing in me. Ew!

In the next week or two, the baby will apparently start hearing noises from the outside world. We'll have to pick out some baby books to start reading to it, so that it gets to know our voices. I'm sure that I talk enough for the baby to get familiar with my voice, but it'll be great for it to know Dan's voice too.

No comments: