Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Centering Pregnancy - Session 2

Last night we had our second pregnancy class. The baby's heart rate is still around 145-150, and the top of my uterus is at my belly button. The other night I thought I felt a foot pushing my belly button, and it turns out it really could have been that!

In class, we talked about common discomforts of pregnancy and ways to cope. Unfortunately, a lot of the common discomforts can't really be helped (like peeing every 10 minutes and bad dreams). It is nice to talk to other women going through the exact same thing though. It makes everything we've been experiencing seem normal.

I also got a flu shot last night. It's recommended for pregnant women, so I sucked it up. And it's not as bad as I remember them being, so I feel even better about doing it!

Oh, and I've only gained 6 pounds in the last 10 weeks, so even though I'm getting bigger, I'm not getting too heavy. I actually asked the midwife if I should be worried about not gaining enough, but she seemed happy with how it's been going. It's nice to be trying to *gain* weight for a change!

No comments: