Thursday, October 16, 2008

I *Knew* It Wasn't Gas

As I've posted before, I've been feeling Baby move for a few weeks now. The movement has been more frequent lately, and there have been definite kicking fits. Everything I read says that first-time moms can't differentiate between kicking and gas until 20-24 weeks. Well I'll let you all in on a little secret - I know what gas feels like! And this isn't it.

Last night Dan and I were sitting on the couch, flipping between the Dodgers' game and the presidential debate, and I felt a kick. I put my hand on my stomach where I had felt it, and it kicked again, hard enough to push my hand!!!! I got Dan's hand on my stomach as soon as he could get close enough, and of course Baby didn't cooperate. I need to figure out a way to get Baby to kick on command.

Oh, and I thought feeling it from the inside was creepy...it's much weirder to have it push your stomach out!

No comments: