Friday, October 3, 2008

15 Weeks Tomorrow

Wow, we're all the way to 15 weeks tomorrow. We found out we were pregnant two days before the 4-week mark, so we've come 11 weeks since then already!! I'm still not good at this waiting game, but if the next 11 weeks go by as fast as these have (at least, looking back on them), and then the next 11, I'll be in labor before we know it!

Based on our online calendars and countdowns, we had been flipping our week counts on Thursday. But our midwife said to accurately count the weeks, find what day your due date falls and count backwards. Duh, right? Well we hadn't done that. March 28 is a Saturday, so now we're changing weeks on Saturdays.

However, since a Saturday birth would be pretty convenient, I'm almost 100% sure now that I won't be giving birth on my due date. Whatever...the baby's coming out at some point, and it's probably better if we don't know exactly when. Maybe.

I'm feeling the baby move a lot more frequently now. It's about the size of an apple now - a little over 4 inches and about 2 1/2 ounces. Most of the movement feels like twitching, but there was one afternoon where it was longer than that -- almost like the baby was stretching its leg out and holding it. Super weird! Twice in the last few days I've felt like it has rolled over too. It was kind of like losing your stomach on a roller coaster, but not quite as strong or long as that. It seemed to be moving a lot when I was going to bed last night, which is a very comforting way to end the day.

Cheers to another weekend!

No comments: