Monday, September 29, 2008

Maternity Clothes, or, Why I Love a Good Muu-Muu

I posted last week sometime about loving my new maternity pants. Old Navy has a great selection of comfy pants that look normal except for the waistband. Shirts, however, have proven to be really hard to come by.

I stopped into the GAP on Saturday to check out their maternity options. The section was really small, and there weren't a lot of options. I picked up a few sweaters but that was it. Yesterday, I went to Northgate Mall to check out JCPenney's maternity sale, but it took me the longest time to find their tiny department. I think it was so hard to spot because it was with the other clothes designed for 80 year olds. No, I've never actually seen an 80 year old pregnant woman, but now I know where they shop. I did find minor success at Motherhood Maternity, but only for, ahem, mammoral support. Luckily their bras are pretty cheap. Then I tried Target. Their maternity clothes are in a tiny corner between plus size and juniors, and nothing looked good at all.

I had big hopes to not spend thousands of dollars on tents for this pregnancy, but it looks like I'm going to have to try nicer places. Ann Taylor loft has cute maternity shirts, but they're all $70-ish and that seems a little excessive. I guess for now I'm going to keep wearing my non-maternity clothes until they have stretched beyond recognition. And I'll rotate my few maternity items sparingly.

We have our second appointment with the midwives tomorrow, and it's also the start of our pregnancy class. Hopefully we'll get to schedule our ultrasound too.

No comments: