Friday, September 19, 2008

13 down, 27 to go

We've made it 13 weeks into the pregnancy now! The baby is around 3 inches long, weighs around an ounce, and has fingerprints! We listened to the heartbeat last night, and it has slowed down a little bit to 155 bpm. This is normal, and still very amazing to listen to.

I've popped out a little bit already, which according to everything I've read is too early (by like a month). But I definitely have a bump that I can't suck in anymore, and I've given up trying! Since it is a little early by book standards, I've decided it's twins. It totally isn't, but that's what I'm using as an excuse. I even went looking for a second heartbeat last night, but the twin must have been hiding because we couldn't find it! :)

Okay, so we're having one healthy baby, and that is plenty for us! This is the last week of the first trimester, and by this point the miscarriage chances are practically 0%. This is also around the time that I'm supposed to start feeling less sick and get more energy. I really hope that's true! This has been a long 6 weeks of feeling gross, and I'd like to feel more human again.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: