Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Withdrawals

I'm at work today (like most week days), but Dan took today off to study. We work on different sides of our floor and only see each other at lunch and little pop-ins to say hi during the day. But now that he's not here, I'm lost. It's hard to not have him to take a break with and to IM all day.

He's doing a great job studying for his exam, and I'm really proud of him. But I'll be really happy when he's back at work tomorrow and when his exam is over. I know this is only the beginning of the withdrawals, but I don't like it. I can't wait for today to be over so I can go home and see him. Maybe it's my crazies kicking in again?

Anyway, we checked in on the baby last night and the heartbeat is still going strong. It's getting really easy to find it now since it's getting so big. In a few weeks when it starts really moving (and I can feel it consistently), we won't have to check in with the doppler. But for now, it's our only way of making sure things are still going well. It seems unreal still in a lot of ways but hearing its heart beating makes it much more real for both of us.

No comments: