Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How Sweet It Is

Apparently, the baby's taste buds have started working, and it can taste everything that I eat and drink. According to my books and online reading, this is when it's very important to eat a variety of healthy foods, like fruits and vegetables and lean meats. I'm also supposed to be avoiding junk food, or the baby may develop a taste for it. I guess this would be a good time to stop my diet of Pringles, Sour Patch Kids, donuts and milkshakes. I've been craving foods I haven't eaten in years, and since I haven't been hungry for much, I've been indulging. Luckily even when I want these foods, I can't eat much of them.

To be honest, I've been trying really hard to eat enough and eat well. But when I can't stomach much, I think it's more important to eat anything than to not eat at all. My appetite does seem to be returning a little bit, so I'm optimistic that it will be a good fall and winter of giving the baby a taste of what's to come when the teeth come in. Hopefully that won't just be Cheetos and Oreos...

No comments: