Sunday, September 21, 2008

Second Trimester, Here We Come!

I am 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant today. Thursday will start the second trimester, which I hear is the best trimester. Energy returns, nausea subsides, baby movement is felt...

I actually think I feel the baby already. Not often, and not consistently, but I feel little taps from the inside, around where we're finding the heartbeat. I mostly feel it when I'm sitting and putting pressure down there, or when I lie down and stay very still. When I feel it kick (or somersault or head butt or whatever it's doing), I first get really excited. But then I get a little freaked out. There's an alien in there! But then I get excited again. This is what we wanted, after all.

I can't say that I'm noticing a boost in energy yet, but I have felt less sick the last few nights. I can eat after 6:00, and I'm not quite as picky about what. I still have a weird aversion to spaghetti sauce, but other things don't seem so bad.

No comments: