Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow!

I love snow. I love how peaceful it is and how nice everything looks covered in it.

This winter is a little different though. I'm scared of the snow! It's not like I want to fall down normally, but I'm terrified of falling and hurting the baby this year. Dan and I literally didn't leave the house the whole weekend, even though the streets and sidewalks are clear. We are lucky that there wasn't any rain to freeze over under the snow so it's not as slick out there as it has been in past years. We left for the bus stop extra early this morning so that we weren't rushing and taking unnecessary chances. If it does get super icy, I'll be working from home for a while. It's not worth the risk!

So while we were holed up, we had a good time watching movies and playing Scrabble. Of course, Dan is the master, but I managed to eke out two wins yesterday. The first two of the day! But then Dan woke up and showed me no mercy. The rematch is on next weekend!

No comments: