Friday, February 13, 2009

6 x 7 = 42 Days: 34 Weeks Tomorrow

When I was learning my multiplication tables, I always seemed to get stumped on 6 x 7. I made it my mission to know 6 x 7 the best of all, and it has stuck with me ever since. Was there ever any question that I'd be a math geek?!

Anyway, tomorrow we hit 6 weeks, which means 42 days left until our due date. 3dpregnancy.com offers this information (and picture) for the 6-weeks-to-go mark:

Your baby kind of looks like he's coated in a layer of cream cheese these days. The thick, white substance that protects his skin from pruning in the amniotic fluid is called vernix. When he's born you'll probably see some vernix lingerin
g in his "hard-to-reach" places like under his arms and behind his ears. Other news from the womb this week:

The soft fur, lanugo, that covered your baby's body for much of his stay in the womb is now almost completely gone. Your baby begins to develop
his own immune system, instead of relying solely on antibodies received through the placenta. This will come in handy when some grubby relative manhandles the baby without washing his hands first.

This week, your baby measures about 17¾ inches, as almost as long as an American Girl Doll (!) and weighs almost 5 pounds, as heavy as a bag of sugar, minus the cup you put in your decaf this morning.


I like this picture, because I think it's exactly how Baby Boy is positioned. His little butt is up under my right ribs, with his feet ready to kick and stretch, and his little hand is prepped to ball up and push with. So cute! He was super active all day yesterday, and gave Dan quite the show last night. I'm really looking forward to the three-day weekend to rest and spend time with my baby's daddy. Hooray for Presidents' Day!!

1 comment:

KathyK said...

Lisa!
I want to see another picture of how big baby boy is making your tummy! Hugs and loves...Aunt Kathy.