Monday, February 9, 2009

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

Name that body part! That's the game that Dan and I have been playing all weekend. Our baby boy is really stretching out and, in turn, we get to figure out which body parts he's pushing around with. We found a foot lodged up under my ribs; I chased a hand or an elbow across my left side; a full leg caused an earthquake across my whole midsection. It really is incredible. With 48 days left until my due date, he still stands to gain another 3-4 pounds and another inch or two in length. I've heard that when a pregnant woman's stomach stops being round and starts having corners, the baby is close to being born. I couldn't imagine what that meant until recently. I don't have permanent corners yet, but I can see that coming soon.

Now, to be completely honest, not all of his movements are comfortable. In order to really kick his foot up into my rib cage, he has to push pretty hard off of my bladder. When he rolls over completely, I feel like my stomach is going to pop open. But for all the discomfort I have now, I already know I'm going to miss feeling him when he's here. Luckily, I'll have little toes to tickle and cheeks to kiss, which I'm sure will more than make up for it!

No comments: