Monday, April 6, 2009

This Thing Called Love

Wow. Owen is 3 days old, and Dan and I couldn't be more in love with him. What an overwhelming feeling. We came home from the hospital yesterday and that was an experience in itself, but getting home and realizing that they actually let us keep him was enough to make me cry.

Owen and I took a nap when we first got home, while Dan and Grandpa Louie went to the drug store to fill my prescription and pick up some last minute items to help our first night home go well. The best part of that nap? No nurses came in to take vital signs! We got to sleep soundly in our own bed, on our own terms.

Owen woke up at his normal dance party time (9:30 PM) and took a little while to settle down, but he and I figured out a feeding routine that helped all 3 of us get some sleep last night. Luckily, my milk came in last night (which is really good timing, especially after a c-section) so he's much more content now after he eats. Unfortunately, he's much gassier now too and I'm pretty bad at burping him but I'll get better with time.

He is just now waking up and sounds hungry, so I've got a job to do...

No comments: