Monday, April 20, 2009

Another Weight Check

Owen is back up to 9 pounds! He gained 4 ounces last week. That's not quite enough for his pediatrician's comfort though, so we're starting up a new supplementation schedule. On one hand, I'm pretty bummed that breastfeeding isn't working out like we were imagining or planning. On the other, it will be good to know for sure that he's eating enough and gaining weight. I am going to start pumping after feedings too to see if I can increase my supply. It's going to be even more work than now but Owen's health definitely comes before my convenience. I am looking forward to him sleeping better though. There have been a few evenings that we've boosted his dinner with some formula and he sleeps pretty well those nights. Last night, I gave him boob only and he was up at 1:30 and never settled back down. I definitely can't do another night like that tonight. Not two in a row...

Oh, and we gave Owen his first tub bath today! We took some pictures so I'll post them soon. He loved it except the getting out part. He's just so stinkin' cute!

1 comment:

KathyK said...

Lookin' Good! All of you, but Owen outshines the adults I'm afraid. That's almost a smile in that one picture isn't it? He's so alert! You must be doing lots right. He's lucky to have a such good Mama and Papa. Aunt Kathy