Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Is Here

Technically it has been here for weeks, but Spring seems to have finally arrived here in Seattle. This is the third sunny day in a row and it's amazing how much that helps me emotionally. It's easier to function on not enough sleep and we've been able to take short walks around the block. Owen likes to be on the move, so Dan straps him into our baby carrier and off we go!

I was feeling sick for the past 5 days. I was nauseous and had no appetite, making breastfeeding impossible and wreaking havoc on my mind. I've been a worried, weepy mess for almost a week. Getting out of the house, even for a doctor's appointment, has worked wonders for my mood. I joined a new moms group that started yesterday, so I have that to look forward to for the next 8 weeks. And I also went to a breastfeeding support group. Unfortunately, that wasn't as helpful so we're going to call a lactation consultant just to make sure that we're doing everything possible to keep baby Owen healthy and growing.

Well, it looks like our snuggle bug is ready for a nap so Dan and I might try to sleep too.

1 comment:

KathyK said...

Hang in there! That little guy has the best mama and daddy ever!

I'll be sending a blanket I made for him next week. I hope he likes it! Hugs to all of you.