Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Success!

Since our Saturday appointment with a lactation consultant, I've been really good about taking an herbal supplement - fenugreek - to help with my supply. Along with that, Dan's been making me raspberry leaf tea which the LC recommended along with the fenugreek. Well, today I went to my new moms group and the guest speaker was a lactation consultant. She had her baby scale with her so I weighed our little man. And he gained 11 ounces since Saturday! That's 11 ounces in 4 days and Owen weighs 9 pounds, 15 ounces. He's finally up over his birth weight and in a big way!

He's been so calm and happy lately. We've really been enjoying his awake time. In fact, two days ago he didn't nap all day! The little guy was exhausted by bed time, but he had a good day. He has been fighting sleep more and more, but like his mom, he's a good sleeper when he finally falls asleep. In fact, he and I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. It was like heaven! And now it's bed time...

2 comments:

Elham said...

way to go! this is a big deal, I know to feel that all is going well in the eating and gaining weight department. the pictures are awesome.
elham

KathyK said...

He's sure a pretty baby! Aunt Kathy