Thursday, January 29, 2009

Less Than Two Months

We're just inside the 2-month mark until Baby Boy Mudgett comes out to meet the world! I feel like the closer we get, the longer we have to go still. This is way more intense than waiting for Christmas or my birthday, and when he's playing around during the day and at night, I know that he's getting eager to meet us too.

We're almost done with the nursery. We have a few things left to hang on the walls, but it looks really good right now. When we're done, I'll post pictures. It's a cheerful and calming room, and it's the perfect place to go to forget the troubles of the day and imagine what's to come.

Even though there are 58 days until the due date, I have 21 more work days (including today) and I'm really looking forward to the time off between work and Baby Boy's birthday. It'll give me a chance to do some serious nesting and nap when I need it too. It's incredible how much we're doing and planning for a little person we've never met. And it's even more incredible how after he's here, it will be impossible to imagine what life was like before him!

No comments: