Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Centering Pregnancy - Session 5

We had our fifth pregnancy check-up and class last night. We toured the birthing center and played around with the different options we'll have for positioning and delivery. The rooms are pretty big and Swedish has a "room-in" expectation - there's no big nursery for all the babies! We wanted to room-in anyway, so it's nice we won't have to fight anyone about it. It's kind of unreal to think about spending a couple of days there but now we have a mental picture of how it might be.

I seem to be right on track with my health statistics too. I'm up 7 pounds in the last 4 weeks, but my blood pressure is good and my uterus is measuring at the right size. Baby Boy's heartbeat is still in the 150s - strong and healthy. He also seems to be head down already, which is excellent. I'd like to avoid a c-section if at all possible and him facing the right direction is a good start.

This is really going to happen!! :)

No comments: