Friday, January 23, 2009

After 30 Comes 31

Wow! Another week has passed. Another long and short week. A few things happened this week that are blog-worthy.

1) I had to start wearing my wedding ring on a necklace. My swelling has gotten worse lately and it hurt to wear it on my finger.

2) Baby Boy's movements have become painful at times. He's really pushing around in there but I can only stretch so far. That's a good news/bad news thing, because of course I'm happy he's active and healthy!

3) The nighttime dance parties are interfering with my sleep. I'm trying to get more of it to compensate but I'm definitely dragging in energy. Maybe he could lend me some of his?

4) I moved my maternity leave date up two more weeks. My last day of work will be February 27. That means 24 and a half more work days (including today) until I get a break. Of course, I should be in full on nesting mode by then so we'll see how much rest I get. At least I'll be able to wear pajamas most of the time!

Now here's what 3dpregnancy.com has to say for this week:

From this week on, your baby will continue to gain around ½ pound a week until shortly before birth (even though it may feel like a whole lot more with every step you take). Other highlights this week:

Due to increasing space constraints, your baby's arms and legs stay drawn up close to the body now, known as the fetal position (oh, so that's where that name came from!). Plus, your baby can now process information from all five senses—so he'll be all set to smell the pureed peas, taste them, feel them as he mashes them into his hair, hear you crack up and then see the flash as you grab the camera to snap picture after picture.

By now, your baby's lungs are the only system not fully mature. And by mature, we're not saying that the rest of your baby's systems are mature enough to be out past 10 PM with the neighborhood hooligan, just that his lungs need a little bit more time to bake before they can kick it in the outside world.

Your baby weighs about 3½ pounds and measures a little over 16 inches, about the same length as that miniskirt you used to wear (and will again someday!).


I don't know about miniskirts but non-tents would be nice someday. :)

No comments: