Sunday, January 11, 2009

Birthing Class

Dan and I had our first (of two) birthing classes yesterday. We spent 4 hours talking about stages of labor, and practicing relaxation and breathing techniques. One other couple from our pregnancy class is in the birthing class too which is nice. I couldn't help but giggle when we were practicing some of the breathing and positions for working through contractions. Dan was like, "You laugh now..." which I know is true, but it just seemed kind of ridiculous at the time.

Also, we watched a few birthing videos and now (shockingly) I wouldn't mind seeing ours. I can have a mirror when he's coming out to see him, and I kind of want to do it. I guess we'll see how I'm doing then. I was worried about how gory it would be, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had been picturing. So maybe...

No comments: