Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Diabetes

I got the call yesterday that I have developed gestational diabetes this pregnancy, and will need to be monitoring my blood sugar carefully from here on out. It's not good news, obviously, but it's manageable. Dan has already stepped up big time and is planning meals and packing food for my days in the office. I've got a good one! We meet with the diabetes nurse tomorrow to learn about the finger poking and to get some guidelines. I am thankful that there are only 4 weeks left in this pregnancy to have to worry about all of this. It would have been a much bigger deal to have been diagnosed with 12 weeks to go!

Here's a photo of what I'm looking like right now, at 33 weeks pregnant:

Photobucket

Before the diabetes appointment tomorrow, we also have a non-stress test to make sure baby's heart rate is good and reactive, and then an ultrasound to measure size. Stay tuned for jumbo baby's stats!

No comments: