Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Kid

Owen is such a happy baby. He smiles and laughs and talks to us a lot. Of course he still cries like any baby does, but he's got a great easy-going personality. He's sitting in his swing talking to the mobile right now.

I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday who has a 4-week old. It was the first time either of us had tried to go to a restaurant, so we thought there would be safety in numbers. Sure enough, both babies were great! Hers slept the whole time. Owen was awake when we got there but then slowly drifted off as lunch went on. I was still freaked out the whole time that he would wake up and need a diaper change or to nurse, but he was relaxed and happy. I wonder when my anxiety will let up. I'm tired of being scared to leave the house, especially since I feel so normal when I'm out.

I have my new mom's group today so that's an excuse every Wednesday to get out and talk with other moms who have the same questions, experiences and fears. I love Wednesdays. But not as much as Fridays when Dan comes home for the weekend. :)

No comments: