Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Life is Good

You hear lots of "wisdom" from friends and family while pregnant. Specifically, I got very tired this most recent pregnancy of hearing that two is way more work than one. I get it - you don't have the luxury of napping at any point in the day or sitting on the couch for 16 hours straight or leaving the room with both kids in it alone, but I have to say that so far, it's really not that hard.

Knock on wood.

We're tired and it takes us hours to get out of the house still, but we're doing really well. Joshua is a great eater and sleeper. Owen is a great helper and genuinely loves his new brother. We have survived the newborn nights before, and I am 99% sure we'll survive them again. We're braver this time than we were with Owen. The four of us went out to breakfast this morning, and it was awesome. I'm not scared to nurse Josh while we're out, though I haven't needed to yet. I'm still not sure how to tackle bedtime alone yet, but I also haven't had to, thanks to my fantastic husband. Josh is a different kid than Owen, obviously, but we're better prepared for him than we were with Owen.

Now, I'm not saying that it's easy or that we have everything figured out - quite the opposite, actually. But I don't really understand the need to share horror stories or scare soon-to-be parents.

So, in closing, here are some adorable photos. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: