Thursday, August 28, 2008

Week 10 - 25% of the way!

Today is our 10 week mark! We've made it 25% of the way to our due date, and things are going fine. I've stopped feeling sick all day long, but I've thrown up every day for the past three days. Before, I was feeling sick all the time without vomiting, and I think I like this new way better. I'm not a big fan of tossing my cookies, but at least it's quick and over with and I can move on with my day!

Our baby right now is about an inch long (the size of a kumquat), but still weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. It has lost its pesky tail, so we've moved out of the embryonic phase and into the fetal period. My weight hasn't changed so far, but I'm definitely noticing my waist thickening. I guess since it's eventually going to look like a watermelon, a little extra chub right now is okay!

We have ordered a doppler to try to listen in on the heartbeat. It is scheduled to come on Tuesday, but it may still be too early to hear. We have an appointment with our midwives on September 8 to listen for it if we can't find it on our own.

Here's to a healthy 30 (or 32) more weeks!
Lisa

No comments: