Saturday, September 18, 2010

28 Weeks Pregnant

I entered the third trimester of this pregnancy yesterday, passing the 28-week mark.

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. (babycenter.com)

I would like to add that he likes to kick and punch and dance all day and all night long, much like his big brother did, and he's also been getting hiccups a lot.

I'm really tired these days, but some of that is due to Owen's never-ending energy and his teething moodiness. I feel like I'm as big as I can get, so I'm scared to see how much bigger I get in the next 12 weeks. Oh, and my belly button is starting to pop out! It got flat with Owen, but never popped. Pregnancy is a crazy thing!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather said...

Lisa, you look amazing!