Monday, August 9, 2010

Closing a Chapter

After 16 months, Owen and I are done breastfeeding. Over the past few months, we've cut down from 8-10 times per day to 2-3 times before naps and bedtime. In the past week or so, nursing has only been once a day, and only for a few minutes. With Owen eating so much real food and it getting more and more uncomfortable for me to nurse him, it was time to call it quits.

In the first few weeks of Owen's life, I couldn't imagine making it out of the first month without giving up and switching to a bottle. Now that well over a year has passed, I can't believe how easy it turned out to be and what an amazing experience we had together. It probably sounds silly, but I already miss that special quiet time with my baby boy. In four months, I'll start all over with our newest son and I know it will be hard all over again, but I think I'll appreciate it more in the beginning, knowing that it won't be forever.

I love you, Owen! Thank you for being such an amazing kid and a loving son. ~Mom

No comments: